Tuesday, April 5, 2016

A need for perspective (NSFW--R-rated content)

The stupidest news headline of the day did not include the words "Donald Trump"

B.C. woman says certain tattoos should be banned for nurses after nightmares from ‘terrifying’ skull

I feel terrible that this woman ended up in the ICU fighting for her life, to say nothing of her coping with advanced rheumatoid arthritis. That being said, a tattoo is what upsets her? More than, you know, being in the fucking ICU, dependent on machines to keep breathing?!?

Yes, the nurse had a tattoo of a skull. Maybe it was even a scary skull, like the Harry Potter Death Eater symbol.


But really...if you survive the ICU healthy enough to bitch about your nurse's tattoo, you have no business bitching about your nurse's tattoo. You might also want to look into side effects of ketamine, propofol, and the other crazy-ass sedatives commonly doled out in intensive care units. Shock of shocks, the side effects include nightmares.

If ever I make it through an ICU stay alive and reasonably functional, my nurse can have the most frightening or offensive tattoos on the planet. I wouldn't give a rat's red rear.





Okay, I doubt I'd catch sight of that last, and it would probably just make me laugh. It's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment