Thursday, January 21, 2016

Spice up your life!

Change of pace. In honor of Baby Spice turning 40, I give you my favorite Spicy tunes! Nevertheless, these songs were the soundtrack of my med school years...so they're kind of related to health care.



5. Stop


How can you not tap your foot to these gals? An homage to Motown during a time when music was hipster-grunge-Nirvana derivatives and boy bands

4. Too Much


Fun fact: I would sing this with Kylea in the car, and *used* to be able to hit Sporty Spice's "boy who thinks he caaaaaaaaaaan" near the end in falsetto. That was many, many years ago.

3. Do It


No video was ever made for this one, probably because there's nothing unique about it in the way "Stop" had a Motown vibe and "Move Over" was in a Pepsi ad. Still, it's a fun, fun song. Both kids will happily listen to this.


2. Who Do You Think You Are?


Part disco, part theme song to a Blaxploitation film. Revel in it.

1. Say You'll Be There


I never liked "Wannabe" or "Spice Up Your Life", which were lead singles from the group's two albums in the 90s. This song, though, has stood the test of time. One glimpse of the video and I wasn't just hooked, I was in love. Easily in my top 10 of favorite songs of all time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment