Tuesday, January 12, 2016

First post, and a teaser(!)

My wife, family, and coworkers seem convinced that I need to blog. I haven't the slightest idea of what I might say, but I suppose not everyone on Facebook is interested in my diatribes, and not everyone I know online wants to look at family photos. By all means, feel free to get in touch if there's something in particular you want me to pontificate (or bitch) about, except for actual clinical questions.

In the meantime, here's the very first teeny tiny teaser of my forthcoming memoir, after the jump:



"So what did my bloodwork show, Doctor?" asks Loopy Liz.

"Nothing, my dear," I say. "Thyroid is fine, blood count is fine. Even the x-ray we took of your chest was fine."

"So why I am I getting sweaty so much?"

I chuckle. "You're fine. It's just the change of life."

"You mean the mentalpause?"

"Menopause. You had a hysterectomy years ago, so you wouldn't have noticed that you don't get your period anymore." The mentalpause is what happens to me, every fucking morning when I come into work.

2 comments: